||[Jun. 9th, 2007|07:51 pm]
Like everyone, I have my share of synchronicity. But this afternoon, I had a kind of megasynchronicity...|
- I'm sitting in the car at Emily's barn, reading the 33 1/3 on Endtroducing... and DJ Shadow and the author mention a shared love of Funkytown.
- As anyone whom I've ever shared a beer with knows, that track is clearly one the most important things the human species has ever done.
- I'm reading the 33 1/3 on In The Aeroplane Over The Sea and there is a story of Jeff and friends seeing this girl that looks just like Anne Frank at a freaky museum-type place in San Francisco.
- While I'm reading that, I start to notice the music playing in the coffee shop I'm in, despite the fact I'm listening to some Olivia Tremor Control at full volume with noise-canceling earphones.
- Well, they talk about it, talk about it, talk about it... Against all odds, it's some folky cover of Funkytown.